Marseille France
Viva La France 🇫🇷
Today we went into Marseille by double decker bus and got to see the basilica of Notre-Dame de la Garde. Another impressive site! Marseille is the 2nd largest city in France and wow, we could tell that today, although our guide said the extra traffic was due to The Rolling Stones performing tonight. The temperature was hot again with very little air moving and...yet another day with very few clouds. On our way to the basilica we saw the 2 old forts which once protected the port- Saint Nicolas and Saint Jean. We sometimes think there are old parts to our country...which in perspective probably isn’t as some of the cities over here date back to BC, in fact Marseille dates back to 600 BC. We are seeing some beautiful sites on our cruise...and some incredible talent with the entertainment. Last night we saw a water diving/acrobat show, tonight, ice skating, and tomorrow night we see a flight movie. Tomorrow we head to Florence (I wanted to go to Pisa, but lost that discussion). My parents already saw Florence, so they will stay back and enjoy this unbelievable ship. Bryan and I played some mini golf this morning to prepare me for an upcoming golf tournament....I am sure there is absolutely no correlation between the golf courses I play and this mini golf AstroTurf...but it was fun anyway. There is even a carrousel onboard. Unfortunately it has been broken, but Bryan is very much looking forward to riding it when it is fixed.
Today we went into Marseille by double decker bus and got to see the basilica of Notre-Dame de la Garde. Another impressive site! Marseille is the 2nd largest city in France and wow, we could tell that today, although our guide said the extra traffic was due to The Rolling Stones performing tonight. The temperature was hot again with very little air moving and...yet another day with very few clouds. On our way to the basilica we saw the 2 old forts which once protected the port- Saint Nicolas and Saint Jean. We sometimes think there are old parts to our country...which in perspective probably isn’t as some of the cities over here date back to BC, in fact Marseille dates back to 600 BC. We are seeing some beautiful sites on our cruise...and some incredible talent with the entertainment. Last night we saw a water diving/acrobat show, tonight, ice skating, and tomorrow night we see a flight movie. Tomorrow we head to Florence (I wanted to go to Pisa, but lost that discussion). My parents already saw Florence, so they will stay back and enjoy this unbelievable ship. Bryan and I played some mini golf this morning to prepare me for an upcoming golf tournament....I am sure there is absolutely no correlation between the golf courses I play and this mini golf AstroTurf...but it was fun anyway. There is even a carrousel onboard. Unfortunately it has been broken, but Bryan is very much looking forward to riding it when it is fixed.













Comments
Post a Comment